Call our team on 0800 880 07485
Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes swelling and sores to develop inside the large intestine. You may have stomach pain and cramping, an increase in urgent bowel movements, and see blood in your stool, on toilet tissue or in the toilet bowl.
Some people have long periods without symptoms, while others experience relapses, or periods of time during the year when symptoms are more active.
- We are looking for volunteers to take part in clinical trials to understand the condition and help find new treatments
- Synexus can also help with transport to and from one of our clinics or reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
All Synexus trials are approved by an independent ethics committee.
Assess your eligibility for upcoming clinical trials with our online screening questionnaireStart online screening
Everything you need to know
As one of the largest and most recognised clinical trial organisations in the world, Synexus provides a friendly relaxed environment where you have the opportunity to help others and maybe also yourself. A clinical trial offers an opportunity to help researchers find better treatments for others in the future.
All Synexus studies are approved by an independent ethics committee.
If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible to participate in a clinical trial:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have had ulcerative colitis for at least 3 months
- Have had your ulcerative colitis diagnosed by a colonoscopy