Inflammatory Bowel Disease is a group of idiopathic chronic inflammatory intestinal conditions. The two main disease categories are Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, both long-term conditions that involve inflammation of the gut.
- We are looking for volunteers with Crohn’s Disease to take part in clinical trials to better understand the condition and help find new treatments.
- Eligible participants will receive a free health check and be compensated for their time.
- Synexus can also help with transport to and from one of our clinics or reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
All Synexus trials are approved by an independent ethics committee.
COVID-19 update — we remain open.
For the safety of both staff and patients, we require that our research sites are COVID-19 SMART facilities. That means they use best practices to reduce virus exposure and are dedicated to ensuring they remain open and available for the research of investigational medications.
COVID-19 SMART steps we are taking to ensure safety include:
- Greatly increased availability of video office visits
- Ensuring social distancing measures are taken in all waiting areas
- Continuing the practice of cleaning and disinfecting exams rooms thoroughly between every patient visit
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff members at our health clinics
Everything you need to know
As one of the largest and most recognised clinical trial organisations in the world, Synexus provides a friendly relaxed environment where you have the opportunity to help others and maybe also yourself. A clinical trial offers an opportunity to help researchers find better treatments for others in the future.
Symptoms include abdominal pain, abdominal cramping, bloating, gas, diarrhoea, loose stools and nausea.