Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive respiratory illness that can be debilitating, frustrating and devastating. With an estimated 1.2 million people living with diagnosed COPD, you are not alone.
- We are looking for volunteers to take part in clinical trials to better understand the condition and help find new treatments.
- COPD trials are ‘add on therapy’ trials, meaning you can continue to take your own medication alongside any therapy medication.
- Synexus can also help with transport to and from one of our clinics or reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
All Synexus clinical trials are reviewed an independent ethics committee and the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
Everything you need to know
As one of the largest and most recognised clinical trial organisations in the world, Synexus provides a friendly relaxed environment where you have the opportunity to help others and maybe also yourself. A clinical trial offers an opportunity to help researchers find better treatments for others in the future.
With COPD, your airways become inflamed and the air sacs in your lungs are damaged. This causes your airways to become narrower, which makes it harder to breathe in and out. These breathing difficulties can affect many aspects of your daily life.
You may also experience flare ups (exacerbations)
- your breathlessness gets worse
- you cough more
- you produce more sputum
- a change in the colour and consistency of your sputum