Despite advances in treatment, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death worldwide, resulting in over 17 million deaths annually. More than 7 million people in the UK are living with cardiovascular disease.
- We are looking for volunteers to take part in clinical trials to better understand the condition and help find new treatments.
- Eligible participants will receive a free health check and all study care will be provided at no cost to yourself.
- Synexus can also help with transport to and from one of our clinics or reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
All Synexus trials are approved by an independent ethics committee.
Assess your eligibility for upcoming clinical trials with our online screening questionnaireStart online screening
Everything you need to know
As one of the largest and most recognised clinical trial organisations in the world, Synexus provides a friendly relaxed environment where you have the opportunity to help others and maybe also yourself. A clinical trial offers an opportunity to help researchers find better treatments for others in the future.
Several factors can enhance your risk of heart disease, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, poor diet, inactivity, smoking, being overweight, alcohol, stress or a family history of cardiac disease. Elevated low-density lipoprotein associated cholesterol (LDL-C) is a major risk factor for the development of cardiovascular disease. Lowering LDL-C has been shown to reduce the risk of death or heart attack.
If you or someone you know meets any of the following criteria, we invite you to find out more about becoming a clinical trial volunteer.
- High cholesterol or hypertension
- Heart failure
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Having had a heart attack or stroke
- Having had bypass operations, operations on arteries or stents fitted
- Taking lipid lowering medication such as statins or are intolerant to them
- Family history of heart disease