Is your heart at risk?
Diabetes affects 1 in 16 of the UK’s adults and over half of all adults in the UK have raised cholesterol.
Lowering cholesterol levels and managing your blood glucose levels decrease the likelihood of developing heart disease and can reduce the chance of a heart attack, stroke or dying of coronary heart disease (CHD).
If you live with high cholesterol or type 2 diabetes, you will appreciate the importance of looking after your health, making lifestyle changes to minimise your risk of developing complications.
If you or someone you know has any of the following heart disease risk factors:
- High cholesterol
- Taking lipid lowering medication such as statins
- Type 2 diabetes
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Having had a heart attack or stroke
- Having had operations on arteries or stents fitted
- Having had a bypass operation
- Poor diet, inactivity, smoking, being overweight, alcohol, stress or a family history of cardiac disease
We invite you for a free health check to see if one of our clinical trials into new treatments to potentially reduce cardiovascular risk may be suitable for you. You will of course, be under no obligation to participate.
If you are interested, please click here to see if you are eligible.